Thursday 31 August 2023

25 Years Since....August 1998

Time to go back to August 1998, these records are best listened to with a drink like I was doing:

David Morales Presents The Face - Needin' U


In 1998 a night in was a night wasted in my opinion and I don't mean wasted in a good way. This was one of the top tunes of that summer. Years later when I became to old to care about going out on New Years Eve I picked this as the record to see in the new year at home. I've since forgotten what year that was.

Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You


This was no doubt the biggest dance record of 1998. It took a while for me to get into it, I thought it was far too repetitive when I first heard it. After a few listens it finally grew on me. 

Savage Garden - To The Moon And Back

The first time I listened to this record from the beginning I was expecting a dance record 

Sweetbox - Everything's Gonna Be Alright

When a German Eurodance act converts to rap music it sounds like a recipe for disaster. Yet this is amongst the best rap records I've ever heard. Nothing cheesy about it at all, it's a dark and quite haunting record just the way I like my rap music.


The Corrs - What Can I Do

A big record from the summer of 1998 which was pretty much my favourite record at the time. It was the ultimate feel good weekend anthem in my opinion.

As we got later into the year and we didn't hear it so much I would phone up Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems every Sunday to get this played but it never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment