Tuesday 1 August 2023

15 Years Since....H1 2008

Better late than never, here's what I was enjoying just over 15 years ago:

Goldfrapp - A&E


Goldfrapp never stuck to any single formula, but delivered the goods whatever they were doing up to this point. They were past their commercial peak by this point, but the fact they were still even getting Top 40 hits said something.

H two O ft Platnum - What's It Gonna Be

Although I was a fan of UK Garage back in the day and was sort of enjoying its revival in the shape of bassline house, I felt I shouldn't really by liking this record.

It's cheesy, with crappy singing and crappy rapping in it but I thoroughly enjoyed coming back from the pub with a kebab and putting this up on YouTube.

Delinquent ft K Cat - My Destiny

Another bassline house record, though I'm noticing that there weren't really all that many of them.

Goldfrapp - Happiness

Goldfrapp feature again who were proving to be ever reliable for producing a decent chart record. It turned out though to be their final Top 40 hit to date.

Scooter  -Jumpin all Over The World

Since the Scooter revival happened in 2002 they had very much been active commercially ever since. However they'd not had a UK Top 40 hit since 2003 until this.

They were now doing jumpstyle music the only way Scooter know how.

Ironik - Stay With Me

I was still flicking through the music channels by this point as remember this on Channel U. I recall it took me a while to hear it in full as I would always join it part way through the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment