Thursday 22 February 2024

Tiga - No Fantasy Required (2016)


The Tiga album I picked in my Top 25 was "Sexor". At the time that was his only album, but follow up album "Ciao" came out shortly afterwards. Then in 2016 came "No Fantasy Required".

At the end of 2015 Tiga played what I believe was his first live gig (as opposed to DJing) at Koko and I went to see that. He had new tunes such as "Bugatti" and "Plush" which were up on YouTube.

It was around 3 months later that this album came out. Despite listening to those new tunes on YouTube and going to see him in concert so close to the album coming out, this is actually the first time I've listened to the album.

Generally speaking I'm not a fan of vocals in dance music but Tiga is an exception to that rule. He's not much of a singer but he adds a bit of humour and silliness to it such as "girl comes up to me and says what do you drive and I say Bugatti".

Tiga has a sort of signature sound but at the same time you could probably identify which album each individual track is from. It's an enjoyable album and it's a shame we've not had more live shows off the back of it. He still plays the DJ circuit and plays at clubs in London every now and then but I'm too old to be going to those these days.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment