Thursday 8 February 2024

DJ Shadow - The Mountain Will Fall (2016)


DJ Shadow and his fans appear to have a different view on things. DJ Shadow thinks his best music is yet to come and his fans think he'll never make anything as good as his debut album "Entroducing".

I went to see DJ Shadow in concert in 2016 when this album came out and I listened to the album around that time. Despite that I couldn't really remember a thing about the album prior to listening to it again.

I don't think it's a bad album as such but it's no "Entroducing". It really needs a few listens to get into and as I recall I did get into it after a few listens at the time. However I don't think I've listened to it since 2016 and I'm really having to start from scratch again and am yet to have the few listens it needs.

What I will say is that I enjoyed the concert at the time and would recommend going to see him play out. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment