Thursday 4 April 2024

Snoop Dogg - From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites (2021)


When I read the blurb about this album prior to listening it struck me as the most promising modern Snoop Dogg album. This was mainly because it's collaborators included Devin the Dude, Kokane and Tha Eastsidaz who are names I only really know from their collaborations with Snoop Dogg around the turn of the century. This was when I was first properly getting into rap music.

The album doesn't disappoint, it's one for the rap fans as opposed to one for commercial appeal which is perhaps evident by the lack of household names collaborating. 

It's also a short album, just 10 tracks and a total of 36 minutes long. That means if you have an hour to spare you can listen to this album in full and have time to do other things too.

At the same time in typical Snoop fashion it doesn't take itself too seriously. After just 1 listen I can't say any of the tracks stand out but I reached the end thinking that was a good listen. If I had to pick one modern Snoop Dogg album to listen to again this would probably be it.

I say probably because I'm yet to listen to his newest album which is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment