Thursday 18 April 2024

Kruder & Dorfmeister - 1995 (2020)


 

The album I picked in my Top 25 albums was "The K&D Sessions". It was released in 1998 and they'd not released anything as a duo since. They'd done plenty separately so they were one of the ones I'd least expect to release a new album in 2020.

At the same time I never expected to get the opportunity to see them in concert but I did several years later so this album became less of a surprise.

I say new album, it's new in release date but not so new music wise. The reason the album is called 1995 is because they found some lost tapes from 1995, brought them up to modern production standards and resulting in this album.

The fact it's music from the 90s is a good thing. At the same time this is presumably material they deemed not good enough to put out at the time. 

It does fit in very nicely with other Kruder & Dorfmeister material in the 90s, you listen and think yes this is definitely them. The downside is that it doesn't really offer anything that their existing 90s material doesn't.

That all said it's not a bad listen and I'd say the album gets better towards the end. The alternative of course was to write a bunch of brand new material with the reaction being they're not as good as they used to be. This way we don't know if they still really are as good as the used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment