Friday 23 August 2019

General Update

It's been nearly 4 years since I started this blog. My main reason for starting this blog was for exploring the history of the singles chart and I thought it would be a good idea to post about my findings. I also had the idea to pick a record of the year for each year, again something to post about that goes hand in hand with my yearly reviews. I didn't want to leave it at that though, I often have something to say about music and thought this blog would be a good place to write about it, hence being a random music blog.

I've now reached the end of my yearly reviews and my record of the year for each year, so moving forward these will be annual posts.

As times gone on I've found other things to post about and I think now is a good opportunity to have some sort of regularity in this blog, so here is what to expect from this blog moving forward:

Tuesdays: UK Number 40s

A brand new feature starting next week. A lot is said about number ones on the internet, or even in books, and to a lesser extent number twos. There probably isn't anything more I could contribute to what is already out there about these. But I am yet to find anything about records that peaked at Number 40, so starting from the beginning I will bring a weekly post about each UK Number 40 in chronological order.

Thursdays: Top of the Pops

I'll be continuing this feature, which I started at the beginning of 2017. For those not familiar, it's what would have likely been on Top of the Pops that week if it still existed following the eligibility rules of the show itself. Like with Top of the Pops, this will go out at 19:30.

Saturdays: My 25 Favourite Albums

A feature I started this year, looking at each of my 25 favourite albums which I picked 10 years ago. I have 17 albums to go and 19 weeks left so I'll aim to do one each Saturday between now and December.

Sundays: Top 20 from 20 Years Ago

My personal favourite, a review of each record in the Top 20 this week 20 years ago with a score for that week derived from how many records are good, OK or rubbish. Like with when the chart countdown would have reached the Top 20 at the time, this will go out at 17:30.

End of the Month: 25 Years Since....

Actually this may be my personal favourite, a look at the record I was enjoying 25 years ago that month. All records made the Top 40 so it isn't as obscure as it could be. This will go out on the last day of the month, or thereabouts.

To keep with the random nature of this blog though, there will be other posts going out on an ad-hoc basis, such as this post I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment