Thursday 9 May 2024

Underworld - Barbara Barbara, We Face A Shining Future (2016)


The Underworld album I picked in my Top 25 was their greatest hits album. I thought this captured their best material better than any of their studio albums.

This album has just 7 tracks on it which isn't that unusual for Underworld. What is a bit more unusual is that none of them are over 10 minutes long and the whole album is just short of 45 minutes long.

In an era where people lack patience to listen to whole albums I can understand why they might have done this.

I went to see Underworld around the time of this album at The Roundhouse. Looking back at what I said about the gig is that their new material was more punky than we were used to from them and drew comparisons to LCD Soundsystem.

That may have described the tunes they played at the gig but it doesn't describe the whole album. It's still less techno orientated and a bit more experimental but very much in Underworlds usual style.

No comments:

Post a Comment