Sunday 7 January 2024

20 Years Since....Q4 2003

Here's the tunes I was enjoying 20 years ago:

DMX - Where The Hood At


You generally expect a lot of aggression with a DMX record but this record takes that aggression to another level in my opinion. That's what made this record so appealing, I just love the aggression of his music.

Fabolous ft Tamia - Into You

On the "Street Dreams" album the vocals in the chorus come from Ashanti, but this single version which also appears as a bonus track on the album. The change of singer doesn't really make a difference at all, I guess it was a statement from Fabolous about attracting all the women.

At least it meant the single version was still just as good.

Wayne Wonder - Bounce Along

I'd already got the "No Holding Back" album by the time this came out as a single so I was already very familiar with it. The whole album was great fun to listen to and I've not heard anything from Wayne Wonder since.

Elephant Man - Pon De River Pon De Bank



I was enjoying the reggae music getting into the charts at the time and this was another one of those. I bought the "Good 2 Go" album too and have heard nothing more from Elephant Man since.

Ja Rule - Reigns

This was from the "Last Temptation" album but was part of a double a-side with "Clap Back" which was the only Top 40 hit from his "Blood In My Eye" album. That album was a move away from his more familiar rap/R&B crossover music and is a great album.

No comments:

Post a Comment