Friday 30 June 2023

25 Years Since....June 1998

Time to go back to a much better era for music at least:

K-Ci And JoJo - All My Life


When it comes to ballads they don't really get any better than this record. It's one I recall hearing quite a bit at the time, but it wasn't until the garage version of "Tell Me It's Real" that I properly got into K-Ci & JoJo.

It then made the connection with this record and bought the "Love Always" album on which this appears and it's one of my favourite albums ever.

Aqua - Turn Back Time

Aqua were very much seen as a novelty act with their first 2 records which were terrible. Then came this record and I was shocked to find I actually liked it.

I can now relate to it, if only I could turn back time.

KP And Envyi - Swing My Way

Miami bass was a music genre that was reasonably popular in America in the 90s but didn't have much impact in the UK. This was just about the only Miami bass record to make it into the UK Top 40.

The style of music has its similarities to UK garage.

Danny J Lewis - Spend The Night

This was one of the last speed garage records to make the Top 40. I recall around this time I picked up a Hysteria flyer which had an "Underground Garage" arena and a lot of it was underground until the UK garage explosion of the year 2000.


Pras Michel - Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)

I remember hearing this for the first time on the radio one morning when I was still half asleep. It had quite an impact on me though and I recall thinking later on what was that good tune I heard on the radio this morning.

I eventually discovered what it was and thought about buying it but for some reason I didn't. I've heard it enough since so never really needed to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment