Saturday 14 January 2023

15 Years Since....H2 2007

Time for one last visit back to 2007:

Groove Armada - Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control)

Ask someone what Groove Armadas biggest hit was they would probably say "At The River" or "I See You Baby" but it was actually "Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control)" which was 1 of just 2 Top 10 hits for them, the other being it's predecessor "Get Down" earlier on in the year.

Admitedly I was a bit sceptical about a song for a former Sugababes member who's also the vocalist, but that intro hooked me in. It's the last Top 40 hit to date for Groove Armada.

Sunfreakz ft Andrea Britton - Counting Down The Dayz

This takes me back to watching the Galaxy Chart on MTV Dance on a Sunday evening where it featured regularly. It was one of those very commercial but acceptable dance records that I got to like.

I don't recall presenter Jo Good having anything bad to say about it, and she wasn't afraid to call out crap like Cascada entering the chart.

Yves Larock - Rise Up

Another record that takes me back to watching the Galaxy Chart. I think I'd grown so disillusioned with mainstream music generally by this point that the Galaxy Chart was my only source of decent new tunes I could find without too much effort.

Axwell ft Max C - I Found U

This was a breath of fresh air to hear at the time. It was as close to a breakbeat hardcore record you were realistically going to get in the modern era. 


Chemical Brothers - Salmon Dance

I've found the Chemical Brothers music to be very hit or miss over the years. I think they'd got it spot on with this record though. 

I liked it so much that I bought my first and only Chemical Brothers album off the back of it. This was their final Top 40 hit to date.

T2 ft Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken

It had been a few years since UK Garage got really big before it quickly fell out of favour. Then out of the ashes of UK Garage came bassline house.

This was the first of those records to make the Top 40 and was good to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment