Tuesday 4 January 2022

UK Number 40s: Caron Wheeler - UK Blak (1990)

 


One thing about chart stats is that there comes a point where you have to use your own interpretation. This is one where I use my own where I say this is the 43rd act to have had both a number 1 and a number 40.

The number one is question is "Back To Life". You might argue that it wasn't a Caron Wheeler number one, it was a Soul II Soul number one and Caron Wheeler was part of Soul II Soul. Ordinarily I would agree, but I've seen it also credited to Soul II Soul featuring Caron Wheeler and I've seen it say that on the cover, therefore I'm counting it as a Caron Wheeler number one. 

In 1990 Caron Wheeler left Soul II Soul for a solo career. Her solo Top 40 debut came early on in the year with "Livin In The Light". Then came the album "UK Blak" and then a single of the same name.

It was co-written and produced by Carl MacKintosh of Loose Ends. It's her last Top 40 single to date, more singles followed but none made the Top 40. She would eventually go on to rejoin Soul II Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment