Thursday 19 August 2021

UK Charts Best Year Search: 1991

What's this all about?

Top 40

Best Song: Quadrophonia - Wave Of The Future

The follow up to their self titled debut Top 40 hit and the lesser known of the 2 having only reached number 40. 

Worst Song: C&C Music Factory - Things That Make You Go Hmmm... ft Freedom Williams

I've never been able to tolerate this record and it's bad enough to be worst song. 

Top 40 Review

I've recently reviewed the Top 30 of this chart here

The Top 30 score was the same as 1990, but this time I like all 3 records between 31 and 40 that never made the Top 40 which in addition to the Quadrophonia record are "Best I Can" by Queensryche and "Generations Of Love" by Jesus Loves You.

I do remember 1991 as being a particular good year for music and this is reflected in a very good score.

Score: 23.5

Table

I'm starting to think 1969 is going to win if even 1991 can't beat it:




No comments:

Post a Comment