Saturday 19 October 2019

My 25 Favourite Albums: Sander Kleinenberg - This Is Everybody Too


A number of years ago when I already owned this album, I asked a mate of mine if he'd heard of Sander Kleinenberg. His response was "No, nobodies heard of these people you listen to".

Generally speaking I know who in my music collection is known to many and who is known to few. With Sander Kleinenberg though I wasn't sure. On one hand he had a big tune with "My Lexicon" in 2000 and his Essential Mix in 2001 was voted Essential Mix of the Year. On the other hand, whilst clearly a big name in the dance music world, maybe he wouldn't be so well known to the wider public.

I put it to test by asking pretty much everyone I knew at the time whether they'd heard of Sander Kleinenberg, bearing in mind most of my friends aren't into dance music. Only 1 person I asked said yes.

They were missing out, as this album is amongst the best ever. Some of them did get to hear it in my car, where I played it a lot. Obviously not everyone liked it, but I managed to convert some people I think.

I think over analysing the album by speaking about the different genres it incorporates isn't going to do it any justice, so I won't. Just think about it as simply being a house album.

The first CD starts off with a couple of ambient numbers. Once we're into dance mode it's still more of the chill out variety but gradually get's heavier as the mix goes on with penultimate track "Don't Stop Go" by Hydroponix perhaps being the heaviest of them all. Not that heavy though, it is house music after all. The final track in the mix is one of his own, "The Right Time".

The second CD more of less goes straight into it, with the 2nd track being his own composition "The Fruit", which is perhaps one of his better known tunes. It finishes with 2 different versions of the same tune, "Waves" by Redanka.

The best way to understand what makes this album so great though is to give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment