Saturday 5 October 2019

My 25 Favourite Albums: Air - Moon Safari


In the late 90s a fair bit of French electronic music was becoming popular in the UK and Air were one of those who were making their mark. Their debut Top 40 hit was "Sexy Boy" which seemed to be everywhere at the time.

I thought it was an alright record, but didn't think it was anything special, the fact it was overplayed didn't really help. When I heard "Kelly Watch The Stars" on the other hand, I thought what a tune. Then there was "All I Need", another great tune.

If you think of these 3 tunes, "Sexy Boy" is more of a dance record, then "Kelly Watch The Stars" straddles the line between dance and chill out, then "All I Need" is a chill out tune.

This pretty much reflects the album, it's not exactly a dance album or a chill out album, but it's something in between.

Back in 2010, Air played in London 3 times and on all 3 occasions I couldn't go for one reason or another. Unfortunately they haven't played in London since then. They did a world tour a year or 2 ago and went to many countries, but not the UK, so I'm yet to see them live. Hopefully I will one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment