Monday 20 November 2017

Record of the Year 1992: Sonz Of A Loop Da Loop Era - Far Out




Having done my 25 years since feature in this blog it helped narrow down my choice. Given what a big influence Rave has been on my life and that 1992 was in a way the year of Rave, it only seems appropriate to pick a Rave tune.

Here's what I had to say about it in my 25 years since feature:

Got to love the scratching on this record. My young self found this record very bizarre, I was yet to know about the concept of rave music. It was something my parents thought was dreadful which was a bonus.

I would buy this on vinyl several years later. One time whilst a student, me and my housemates invited a few people back for a few drinks and I got behind the decks. When mixing this tune in I pretended it was actually me scratching the intro, whether they fell for it or not I don't know, more likely they didn't even notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment