Sunday 19 March 2017

High Contrast @ Electric

As a dance music fan who works a 9 to 5 and isn't as young as I used to be, it's somewhat an inconvenience these days that the only way I can see many dance music acts is to spend all night at a club. That's precisely what I've done when I've seen High Contrast in the past.

I was therefore pleased to hear that High Contrast was to play his first live show last night, meaning not only getting to see something a little different from the norm but also being able to see High Contrast without having to struggle through next week at work because of a sleep deficit.

He actually appeared on stage earlier than the advertised time, the first time I can ever recall that happening at a gig I've been to. He was joined on stage with a guitarist and drummer and some rotating vocalists. The first tune he played was "Racing Green" from his excellent "High Society" album, quite possibly the best drum & bass album ever released.

Several of his tunes from over the years were played but the crowd stepped up a gear when he played "The Road Goes On Forever". Although it's been five years since his last album he's continued to make new music since me and has a new album coming out soon which looks quite promising.

A little over an hour later the set was over and I quite possibly left the venue earlier than I had arrived at the venue last time I saw him play.

Overall a top night, here's hoping this is the first of many live gigs that he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment