Thursday 19 January 2017

Top of the Pops: 18/01/2017

After making my post last week about why Top of the Pops shouldn't come back following my analysis of what would have been on Top of the Pops the previous 6 weeks, I thought it would be interesting to continue this analysis each week until I get bored of doing it, whenever that may be.

At the same time though, what I thought I could do is create my own Top of the Pops on this blog for those of you who would like it to come back. Obviously I'm not going to invite the acts to come and play in the studio, I'm simply going to post links to the YouTube videos. There will also be no presenter doing the links between the songs, but this ensures there will be no need to censor it in 35 years time when said presenter is banned from TV.

My plan is to put post this at 19.30 every Thursday in true Top of the Pops style.

So to this week. Here is the Top 40 Countdown.

There are 7 songs eligible for this weeks show, so another short one. We have a new number one by Ed Sheeran and a new number two also by Ed Sheeran. I haven't read anything about the same act not being able to appear twice in the same episode, but then in those days you tended not to get two new entries from the same act in the same week. As there is no rule saying it isn't allowed, I'm allowing it. So Ed Sheeran appears twice, so if you like Ed Sheeran this will be a good episode for you, if you don't then it's guaranteed to be over a quarter crap.

Ed Sheeran is also the only one this week who's inside the top 20 and also the only one to have a song which isn't featuring somebody else.

New (23) Machine Gun Kelly ft Camila Cabello - Bad Things
New (28) Sean Paul ft Dua Lipa - No Lie
⬆ (22) Tom Zanetti ft Sadie Ama - You Want Me
New (33) Snakehips ft MO - Don't Leave
New (32) Robin Schulz & David Guetta ft Cheat Codes - Shed A Light
New (2) Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill
New (1) Ed Sheeran - Shape Of You




No comments:

Post a Comment