Thursday 7 March 2024

Snoop Dogg - Coolaid (2016)


After listening to previous album "Bush" it seemed that maybe I'd made the right call stopping buying the latest Snoop Dogg. It wasn't a conscious decision, more the fact I wasn't really following modern music anymore and not wanting to buy an album I don't know a single track from.

The Neptunes were nowhere to be seen on this album having produced every track on its predecessor. As such it's a different and a much improved album. Most notable producer was Swizz Beatz who's done some decent tunes over the years, but there's a variety of other producers too.

The problem with this album though is I listened to it and completely forgot what I'd just listened to. Not the first time this has happened and an obvious problem when you're hearing something completely new to you the first time.

I see potential though so will give it a few more listens in the future to see if it grows on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment