Tuesday 26 December 2023

2024 Blog

With the Christmas chart reviews and Top 30s in 1993, 1995 and 1996 either coming to an end or already ended it's time to give an idea of what to expect on this blog in 2024.

We will be having Top 30 reviews of 1994 on Sundays, 1997 on Wednesdays and 1998 on Fridays. By the end of the year that will only leave 1999 left to do.

The number 40s series will continue every Tuesday and the monthly look back to 25 years ago, quarterly look back to 20 years ago and twice yearly look back to 15 years ago will continue. The leaderboard will take a break at the start of year but will comeback monthly after March.

One rule I've given myself for any new series of blog posts is don't do anything that will take several years and the 2 new series I've come up with should reach their natural conclusion by the end of the year.

The first one is off the back of a post I made a couple of months back. Once upon a time I picked my Top 25 albums and looked at what albums each of those artists have made in the last 10 years. What I am now doing is listening to each of those albums and will post a review of each of them.

The second one is based on my theory that the charts took a serious nosedive after 2005 in terms of quality. What I'm going to do is look deeper into the charts in 2005 to pinpoint where it all started to go wrong.

Both these new series of posts will go out each Thursday. Of course there will also be the occasional random music post as there has always been.

To recap, here's how each week will look like in 2024:

Tuesday - Number 40s

Wednesday - Top 30 Reviewed 1997

Thursday - Album reviews and 2005 - The End?

Friday - Top 30 Reviewed 1998

Sunday - Top 30 Reviewed 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment