Thursday 8 December 2022

Helter Skelter @ The Sanctuary Milton Keynes 09/12/1995

DJ Vibes

This week we're at the 4th and final Helter Skelter of 1995. That doesn't sound like that many, but Dreamscape had only had 3 events in 1995 to this point and Helter Skelter had just 3 events in 1994 and 2 in 1993.

When I first tried to buy the tape pack for this event from Helter Skelter themselves it had sold out. Then in 1999 they mentioned in a newsletter that some of the older tape packs are back in stock so I tried again and succeeded this time. 

Had I managed to buy the times when I first tried there would be no doubt I'd have listened to it a lot, but by 1999 I was listening to lots of different music and as a result I didn't listen to this tape pack much.

This was the penultimate event to just use The Sanctuary without The Rollers and was geared more towards hardcore than drum & bass with Hype, Grooverider and Jumpin Jack Frost the only drum & bass DJs.

I've posted the DJ Vibes set which I feel is setting the scene for 1996. It features MC Live Lee which was the future of DJ Vibes sets. Also featured MC wise was Magika who was celebrating his birthday and Charlie B.

Unfortunately Rolldabeats which is my main source for tracklistings is currently not working so I'm unable to find the new for 1995 records or see which tunes are being played the most.

One tune I do know is new for 1995 from this night is "Hold Me Now" by The Highlander which appears on this set. 

DJ Destruction played at this night which was his final Helter Skelter. Not only that, but I've not seen any evidence of him playing any other rave after this night.

In the technodrome the Loftgroover and Music Maker sets are getting madder.

Just 3 weeks until the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment