Friday 31 January 2020

25 Years Since....January 1995

Time for the first trip back to 1995 and a look at the music I was enjoying at the time:

Almighty - Jonestown Mind


Although I was aware that The Almighty had Top 40 hits to their name by this point, I still considered them to my discovery and liked to think not too many people had heard of them.

Then somebody asked me whether they were a band I liked, to which I said yes. They then told me they were going to appear on Top of the Pops. I wasn't happy, now the whole world would know of them.

This was the song in question. Afterwards, the person who told me they were going to be on Top of the Pops told me this was the crappest shit they'd ever heard. This kind of reassured me they weren't going mainstream anytime soon.


Original - I Luv U Baby


Not only was I enjoying this tune in 1995, I was enjoying it for the rest of the decade and beyond.

This is one of those tunes I can just listen to over and over again.

Mr Roy - Saved


There have been a number of programmes over the years where the only thing I actually like is the theme music. I'm not a fan of cricket, but I always liked the theme music.

Then came this, a dance version of the cricket theme tune which was originally "Soul Limbo" by Booker T & the MGs.


Van Halen - Don't Tell Me (What Love Can Do)


Van Halen were always a band I was aware of and knew were a Hard Rock band but didn't actually know any of their music. I even knew their big hit was "Jump", but as there was no internet in those day's to find it there was no way of hearing it.

Then a few months prior to this I was in a café with a jukebox and went to pick a song to play and saw "Jump" was on there so picked that. Needless to say the synth intro wasn't what I was expecting when I thought it was going to be Hard Rock.

Then came this, a new Van Halen record that was actually the sort of music I was expecting.

The Wildhearts - Geordie In Wonderland

I remember everyone hated this song at the time apart from me. Well everyone I knew anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment