Friday 30 March 2018

Top of the Pops - What's It All About

If your reading this blog for the first time you're probably wondering what my weekly Top of the Pops posts are all about.

Basically at the beginning of 2017 I made a post about why Top of the Pops shouldn't come back. My reasons were that you can watch pretty much every hit on YouTube these days and that there simply isn't enough movement in the Top 40 these days meaning some weeks there aren't enough eligible records to fill the show.

I then decided to speculate what would have been on Top of the Pops each week if it still existed via these weekly posts.

My assumption is that 9 records are needed to fill the show and each record needs to fit the Top of the Pops eligibility criteria. If there are more than 9 eligible records then I eliminate duplicate artists first, then I prioritise new entries over climbers.

Whilst I can't have Fearne Cotton introducing the songs on this blog I can provide links to the songs and the Top 40 countdown each Thursday so if you miss Top of the Pops that much, this is the nearest you'll get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment