Monday 7 August 2017

Record of the Year 1985: Rah Band - Clouds Across the Moon



I've known for a long time what would be my record of the year for 1985, it's one of my favourite records of all time.


A bit like my 1984 pick, the Rah Band isn't actually a band, it's just one person, Richard Anthony Hewson who's initials spell the Rah part. The vocals come from his wife Liz.


It's a record I've known for many years and I was surprised several years ago to learn this was from as early as 1985 and when comparing to other records of the same era it definitely was ahead of it's time.


Another thing that surprised me was seeing the Rah Band on a rerun of Top of the Pops from 1977 with his first single "The Crunch". This was also ahead of it's time for the 70s. His only other top 40 hit came in 1980 with "Falcon".


He continues to make music to this very day and has a 2017 remix of this very record that you can hear on his official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment