Thursday 4 May 2017

Top of the Pops: 04/05/2017

Here is the Top 40 Countdown

Lets just recap why I am making these posts each week.

Basically when it was Christmas there were the usual calls for Top of the Pops to come back. I said it shouldn't come back because of the nature of the charts these days. I then looked at the 6 previous weeks to see how many records would fit the criteria to appear on the show. The post can be found here but basically some shows didn't have enough eligible records to be included.

As this was just a 6 week sample which included the Christmas period, I thought I would continue to see what each show would look like. So far, the only times we have had 9 eligible records, which I assume to be the desired number to fill the show, have been when Stormzy, Ed Sheeran, Drake or Kendrick Lemar have flooded the charts thanks to their new album.

This week for the first time since doing these posts we have no single act flooding the charts and more than 9 eligible records, we have 10. So I genuinely have a selection dilemma, which record do I exclude?

I have decided to exclude "No More Sad Songs" by Little Mix on the basis it's been on before and only climbed one place. The same could be said of Bruno Mars, but I had to pick one so went for the lower placed one.

Meanwhile we have a new number one with Clean Bandit getting revenge on Ed Sheeran knocking them off all those weeks ago.

Then we have 6 new entries by 6 different acts. Could this be the best episode of the year?


New (34) Paramore - Hard Times
New (38) Lana Del Rey ft The Weeknd - Lust For Life
New (39) Cheat Codes - ft Demi Lovato - No Promises
(28) Disciples - On My Mind
New (24) French Montana ft Swae Lee - Unforgettable
New (22) Luis Fonsi ft Daddy Yankee & Justin Bieber - Despacito
⬆ (12) Bruno Mars - That's What I Like
New (7) Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin Me Back
⬆ (1) Clean Bandit ft Zara Larsson - Symphony

No comments:

Post a Comment