Monday 8 May 2017

Record of the Year 1976: Eddie Drennon & BBS Unliited - Let's Do the Latin Hustle


As they started the Top of the Pops repeats in April 1976, I decided to listen to the records I didn't know in the first 3 months of the year on YouTube.

There were actually 2 versions of this, the other being by the M&O Band. At the same time there was "(Do The) Spanish Hustle" by Fatback Band.

This was the one which stood out to me out of that little lot. I had a few candidates for my record of the year, but when listening to them when trying to decide I kept leaning towards this one.

It was the only top 40 hit for Eddie Drennon & BBS Unlimited, but Eddie Drennon has seemlingly remained active behind the scenes as well as teaching music at some universities in America.

No comments:

Post a Comment