Monday 31 July 2023

25 Years Since....July 1998

Time to go back to a much better era for music at least:

Five - Got The Feelin'


Guilty pleasure time. Five were still a relatively new boy band at the time but there was a lot of hype about them. I remember watching this video for the first time and thought how ridiculous it was seeing a boy band try to look like gangsta rappers.

Yet at the same time I found myself drawn to this record and I've no idea why. 

Energy 52 - Cafe Del Mar 98

One of the classic trance anthems that's had lots a lots of remixes. This was the first version to make the UK Top 40. It was played a lot at the time and admittedly I did start to get sick of it. Once it stopped getting played so much I could appreciate again what a tune it was.

Echobeatz - Mas Que Nada

A Brazilian style house record by British act Echobeatz. It was from around the time of the World Cup and everyone was expecting Brazil to win it. 

Ronaldo's Revenge - Mas Que Mancada

This was basically another house version of the same record as Echobeatz. With a name like Ronaldo's Revenge you may expect them to be Brazilian, but no their English again. They were Michael Gray and Jon Pearn who has previously had Top 40 hits as Full Intention and Sex-O-Sonique.


Lucid - I Can't Help Myself

A big record from the summer of 1998 which was pretty much my favourite record at the time. It was the ultimate feel good weekend anthem in my opinion.

As we got later into the year and we didn't hear it so much I would phone up Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems every Sunday to get this played but it never happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment