Friday 7 July 2023

20 Years Since....Q2 2003

Here's the tunes I was enjoying 20 years ago:

Transplants - Diamonds and Guns


Transplants were a supergroup whose members included Tim Armstrong from Rancid and Travis Barker from Blink 182. This was their Top 40 debut.

It's not really a punk record, it has punk elements but also has rapping and a drum & bass beat.

DMX - X Gon Give It To Ya

DMX was already a big name in the rap world at this point and I'd got all of his albums to this point as well. This record however was his first to have a real impact on the UK Top 40.

One thing that did annoy me though was that on the album it was the edited version of this tune.

R Kelly - Ignition Remix

When I used to go to the shit town centre bars with a DJ and dancefloor I was always quite reluctant to get up and dance. When this record came on though I was straight onto the dancefloor and copying the dance moves he makes in the video.

Bone Thugs n Harmony ft Phil Collins - Home


This record samples "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins which earns him a credit on the record, but he also appeared with them in the video.

It's a dark record like you would expect from Bone Thugs n Harmony. It's from the "Thug World Order" album which I was playing on the drive to work everyday at one point.

Wayne Wonder - No Letting Go

Every few years we have a bit of a reggae revival in the charts. It's the sort of reggae the purists probably don't like, but I love a lot of the reggae music that makes the charts.

This was one of those records and I liked it enough to buy the "No Holding Back" album.

No comments:

Post a Comment