Thursday 9 June 2022

World Dance @ Wembley Conference Centre, London 10/06/1995

No tapes this week, but with an event this size happening in London this would no doubt have been the rave I'd be going to this weekend in 1995.

It was the 2nd of 3 World Dance events to be held at Wembley with the final one held on New Years Eve the following year.

The line up is a mix of drum & bass and happy hardcore in the main arena and house in the 2nd arena. As expected with World Dance the main arena line up is leaning more towards drum & bass with 6 of the 9 DJs being from the genre.

I could have seen myself venturing into the 2nd arena as well with Roy the Roach on the line up who is a DJ I've always rated.

An internet search tells me that there were celebrities attending that night too which included Mr. Motivator and some of the cast from Baywatch.

Having attending gigs at Wembley I do find it hard to imagine what a rave would have been like here. A main concern based on the gigs I've been to is that the sound quality isn't great and that's without the whistles and horns being blown. It would have been good to at least experience though.

No comments:

Post a Comment