Thursday 3 February 2022

UK Charts Best Year Search: 2015

What's this all about?

Top 40

Best Song: Galantis - Runaway (U&I)

This was my record of the year for 2015. Yes its a cheesy commercial EDM record and I completely understand if you think it's dreadful. However, there's always the odd cheesy commercial record that I end up liking for some unknown record and this is one of them.

Worst Song: Ariana Grande - One Last Time

As this is a David Guetta composition I don't know why this isn't David Guetta ft Ariana Grande or Ariana Grande ft David Guetta. What we have here though is arguably the worst pop singer from the last decade in collaboration with arguably the worst EDM producer from the last decade so it's almost a no brainer to pick this as worst song.

Top 40 Review

It was 2015 when I first started this blog. I still had no idea what was in the Top 40 though. I did however start to get a bit of insight into modern chart music via the comeback of TFI Friday. At least that's what I thought, it turns out most of it didn't make the Top 40.

In the one off comeback episode in the summer there was one modern record that I thought wasn't bad which was "King" by Years & Years. 

Once again it's a combination of EDM/electropop/Ed Sheeran & his clones/tropical house/deep house that make up the bulk of the charts. This is where all the good stuff lies this time though.

Aside from what I've already mentioned, there's "Are You With Me" by Lost Frequencies. It's the sort of record that goes nicely with an afternoon pint at a bar in a holiday resort.

Apart from that it's a big fat zero for the rest of the Top 40. I'd like to say the non-chart music that appeared on TFI Friday was better, but it wasn't.

Score: 2.5

Table

We're getting a bit of consistency in the decade:



No comments:

Post a Comment