Tuesday 31 December 2019

25 Years Since....December 1994

Time for the final journey back to the records I was enjoying in 1994:

East 17 - Stay Another Day


It was inevitable that this record would feature given that pretty much every other East 17 hit has been included in previous posts.

Believe it or not, this was the first East 17 hit not to feature any rapping.

One summer several years ago I sang this at karaoke. The DJ asked me why I was singing a Christmas song in the middle of summer. My response: It isn't a Christmas song.


Blue Bamboo - ABC And D


Sometimes I can relive my life via the music of the time, other times I think was this record really out at that particular time. This one falls into the latter. For some reason this takes me back to the school disco's in 1992 but the history books suggest otherwise.

Blue Bamboo were a Belgian duo and this was their only Top 40 hit, though both members would have further hits in different guises such as Babe Instinct and Balearic Bill. 


Erasure - I Love Saturday


Another act who regular appears in this series of posts. This was the start of their decline in terms of chart popularity, it failed to reach the Top 10 which their previous 5 singles managed to do. In fact they've only had one Top 10 since which came in 2003.

This was no bad thing in my book though, it meant I could enjoy Erasure records nobody else knew.


M-Beat - Sweet Love ft Nazlyn


I'd clearly got into rave music by this point, but I may have even declared myself to be a raver by this point as well.

This was one of the records that prompted me to go out and buy a jungle compilation.

Strike - U Sure Do

I remember this record as being from 1995. I guess coming out in December 1994 I wasn't that far off.

I probably liked the Happy Hardcore version that followed more, titled "Kick Your Leg".

Strike had a further four Top 40 hits. Group member Andy Gardner would later go on to form the Plump DJs.

No comments:

Post a Comment