Tuesday 20 November 2018

Record of the Year 2008: MGMT - Kids


For the first time in my Record of the Year selection, I've chosen an act who are younger than me. MGMT are a duo and both members are younger than me. It was inevitably going to happen sooner or later and given I was nearer to 30 than I was 20 in 2008 maybe the time is about right.

This was a record I heard quite a bit at the time and identified it as a tune I like so found out what it was via the internet and continued to listen once it's popularity had died down. I also discovered a Soulwax remix which I also thought was really good.

This was actually the final of three hits for MGMT reaching number 25 in late 2008. It then re-entered the Top 40 at the start of 2009 peaking at number 16 this time. I thought I'd give some other tunes of theirs a listen, but this is the only tune of theirs I've heard that I actually like.

No comments:

Post a Comment