Tuesday 16 October 2018

Record of the Year 2006: Solu Music featuring Kimblee - Fade


One of the inevitable difficulties I'm going to have picking my record of the year as we get more modern is finding a record I actually like. My memories of chart music in 2006 was that most of it was poor and by the time Top of the Pops ended I'd discovered YouTube and found myself listening to older music most of the time.

Fortunately there were still a handful of decent tunes in the charts in 2006 and I've picked one which was originally recorded in 2001, quite appropriate in a funny way.

It was actually the Grant Nelson remix that hit the charts reaching number 18. Many people who liked the original hated this remix but I actually like it. It's one of those tunes you can dance to in the club to and chill out at home too. From a Dance music perspective I was favouring the more soulful sounding records at the time and this fit perfectly.

Solu Music are an American duo who are Howie Caspe and Dano Nathanson and this was their first single in 2001. Their last single came out in 2006 but according to their website their back in 2018 after an extended break.

No comments:

Post a Comment