Sunday 14 October 2018

Kruder & Dorfmeister @ The Roundhouse

Back in 2010 Kruder & Dorfmeister played their first live gig in London. Unfortunately I was away from London that particular weekend so couldn't go. I thought that me have been my only opportunity to go and see them, but this year they did their 25th anniversary tour which included 2 nights in London, so I finally got to see them last night.

When I received the tickets I discovered they were being supported by Coldcut, someone else I like but have never seen in concert. However they had to pull out due to one of the members being in a car accident.

With no replacement support act, Kruder & Dorfmeister were on stage at 8pm and played for 3 hours. Normally when talking about a music act you can point out a tune they are best known for, but with Kruder & Dorfmeister it's a bit more difficult. They are probably better known for their remixes than their original compositions. In fact on their "K&D Sessions" album which is a double album and arguably their best known album, they only have two original compositions.

If I had to pick a favourite record of theirs I would say their remix of "Useless" by Depeche Mode. As 11pm approached the music stopped having been played continuously for 3 hours, it seemed the set was over but this was just a short pause before the final tune of the night, their remix of "Useless" by Depeche Mode. It would seem I'm not alone in my music preferences.

It was exactly what it said on the tin, a load of their tunes spanning the last 25 years. They went on the stage, played their music then gave the audience a wave and went back off again. Not that I'm saying musicians talking to the audience between tunes is a bad thing, but this kind of no nonsense just play the music approach can be really refreshing sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment