Monday 24 April 2017

Record of the Year 1975: Crispy and Company - Brazil


It was a close one this year, but I have gone with another funk track for my record of the year.

For many years this tune was nothing more than an entry in my British Hit Singles book. There was something about the name "Crispy and Company" that made me intrigued as to what it actually was. When YouTube first came around it was one of several tracks I attempted to listen after years of wondering how it went.

What stands out about this amongst other track though is I couldn't find it on YouTube for years, nor could I find their follow up "Get It Together". The first time I did hear it was on a different site.

The stand out thing about this tune is the part that kicks in at 0:39. After that you wonder whether that part will appear later in the tune, and when it does and sounds so good.

Crispy and Company are an alias of Lafayette Afro Rock Band who are an American band who were based in France, but they only achieved chart success with the two tunes mentioned with this reaching 26 and "Get It Together" fairing slightly better at 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment