Tuesday 8 November 2022

UK Number 40s: Sugar - Your Favorite Thing (1994)

 


This is a number 40 I dare say would be considered a success given it actually reached the Top 40. Personally speaking as someone who mainly listened to rock music at the time, I don't remember them. I don't ever recall hearing anyone acknowledging their existence either.

No doubt they had a good following though and technically they were a supergroup. Their members were Bob Mould from Huskur Du, David Barbe from Mercyland and Malcolm from Human Sexual Response. I'll add the none of these ex groups had a Top 40 hit.

Sugar formed in 1992 and had their first Top 40 hit in 1993 with "If I Can't Change Your Mind" which made number 30. This record was their 2nd and final Top 40 hit to date. It came from their 2nd album "File Under: Easy Listening".

By 1995 Sugar were finished and look like they haven't reunited at all since.

No comments:

Post a Comment