Sunday 10 April 2016

Record of the Year 1958: The Poni-Tails - Born Too Late


Maybe this record is trying to tell me something, that I was born too late to be blogging about the charts in the 1950s.

This is one of those records where the only lyrics I really know is the title. Its one I listen to for the tune and listen to the vocals as if it was an instrument.

When you hear about the history of the girl group, it normally finds its origins with the Supremes. But there were plenty of girl groups around long before the Supremes with the Poni-Tails being one of them. I love the harmonising vocals on this track and that's what makes it for me.

The Poni-Tails would have one further hit the following year with "Early to Bed" and they called it a day in 1960 and all left the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment