Sunday 31 January 2016

Record of the Year 1953: Les Paul & Mary Ford - Vaya Con Dios


I had a bigger selection of songs to choose from in 1953 than I did in 1952. Like I said in my review though, the music style did not change much and again no songs stood out as being fantastic.

However my choice for 1953 was different to most, if not all the other songs of that year as it featured a guitar. Like with every year from now on, I do not know every hit of the year and obviously do not have the time to listen to every song I don't know on YouTube, so if you know of another guitar based song of this year or just want to recommend a different song of this year then please leave a comment below.

Les Paul and Mary Ford were a husband and wife duo, and they were officially a one hit wonder in this country. However, Les Paul is a well known name amongst guitarists, notably for the Gibson Les Paul guitar.

There is obviously nothing unusual about hearing a guitar on a song these days, but I would imagine if I heard this song for this first time in 1953 it would have sounded refreshingly different to the other music I would have been used to.

Despite the Spanish title, which translates to go with god, the lyrics are in English with the song title being the only words in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment