Tuesday 22 October 2019

UK Number 40s: Roy Castle - Little White Berry (1960)


As a kid watching "Record Breakers", I thought that Roy Castle was the lead singer of Wizzard. Obviously they look nothing like each other, and one day I realised that either Roy Castle wasn't the singer in Wizzard, or Roy Wood wasn't the presenter of "Record Breakers".

However, I now think I know what made me think such a thing. I seem to recall hearing that Roy Castle was also a musician who had a Christmas record, so as the singer of Wizzard was called Roy I just assumed it was him.

This is actually the Christmas record in question, and was the only Top 40 hit for Roy Castle. It was also written by the man himself. His music career didn't end there though, he released 3 albums overall.

As we know though, he became best known as presenter on "Record Breakers" which he did from 1972 up until his death in 1994.

No comments:

Post a Comment